The LAPD has posted information on traffic collision questions. They recommend the five steps you should take after a collision.
- If injuries, or intoxication, call 911
- If no injuries, but a “Hit and Run” or unlicensed driver, call 911
- If no injuries exchange Drivers License, registration, insurance info
- If striking a parked vehicle leave a note on the windshield
- If injuries and a traffic report made, call local station to get a copy
The police also list the five top traffic violations that cause collisions. They are:
- Following too close
- Failing to stop at a red light
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and or drugs
- Left turns
If you or a family member is injured in a traffic collision please contact the accident attorneys at Crash-Law. Our firm is dedicated to assisting injury victims to obtain maximum compensation through fair insurance settlements. Please call (424) 247-1205 for a no cost consultation.